Dash Diet Food List
The Dash Diet food list is easy to follow, a food list is grouped into Vegetables, Meat, Whole Grains, Dairy and sweets. Remove processed food from your diet and see your health skyrocket. Dash Diet guidelines:
- Kale, It contains Vitamin K which is good for your blood, and lutein which good for eyes and if that wasn’t enough, Vitamin C
- Brown Rice
- Whole-wheat Bread and Pasta
- Whole Wheat Couscous
Psyllium Husk is another great product we recommend. A fantastic source of natural fibre prevents discomfort and gives you energy. It also helps control your blood pressure. Find out more about Psyllium Husk
Fat-Free or low-fat dairy
Dash studies determined that people that went on the Dash Diet and included low-fat dairy reduced blood pressure even more than leaving it out.
- Cheeses such as Feta, Ricotta, Mozzarella
- Low-fat milk or soy
Eggs, Chicken and Fish
- Eggs and Chicken offer a good source of protein without the fatty meat
- Fish is great for essential omega oils especially Salmon and Mackerel.
Sweets/food with added sugars
Rather than banish this, fail and feel down it’s best to cut down on added sugar and choose low-fat sweet options.
- Jams / Honey
Typical Daily Dash Food Plan
- Two scrambled eggs plus a small slice of roast beef and sliced tomatoes
- One grilled chicken breast served with large green salad dressed with oil and vinegar
- Baked Sweet potato with tuna, sweetcorn and light mayonnaise
- One lean grilled beef burger served with steamed vegetables
- Stir-fried chicken with vegetables and brown rice
Foods to avoid
- Limit sodium, sweets, sugary drinks, and red meats.
- No table salt, Soy sauce
- No full-fat dairy products
- No sugar sweetened beverages
- No processed foods
Dash Diet Recipes
We are always building adding new items to the DASH diet food list and creating great Dash Diet recipes. There is so much variety allowed in this way of healthy eating that the possibilities are endless.
Subscribe to get more recipes sent to you.